Comano Terme is a famous touristic and spa resort in the province of Trento, located in the heart of the Nature Park of Adamello-Brenta, at the foot of the Brenta Dolomites, it is the result of the merger of the pre-existing municipalities of Bleggio Inferiore and Lomaso. The therapeutic properties of its thermal waters, already appreciated in Roman times, is especially indicated for the treatment of dermatitis and skin problems. The origin of thermal springs, and the name, goes back, according to legend, the mythical figure of the Sibyl of Cumae.
In Summer, in addition to its spa treatments, it is possible to enjoy long walks along the beautiful mountain paths in order to reach the summit of Monte Casale (1630 feet), the alpine lakes, the massifs of the Brenta and Adamello-Presanella. In Winter, it is possible to practice the typical winter sports at the nearby ski resorts of Andalo, Pinzolo, Madonna di Campiglio and the tracks of Bolbeno.
Sites of Interest:
- Spine Castle, at present privately owned, founded as a community shelter, it has been partially rebuilt;
- the Castel of Rèstor, documented since 1265 when the Prince Bishop of Trento Egnone ceded these lands to Frederick d' Arco, allowing also the construction of a fortress;
- Castle Campo, located in the nearby town of Fiavè, is well preserved and features the original fortified walls and watchtowers, surrounded by a thick forest. It is now a private property;
- the Cemetery Church of St. Felix, in Bono of Bleggio, enriched with frescoes of the artist Baschenis;
- the Church of Santa Maria Assunta, in Dasindo, which preserves within several valuable paintings;
- the Church of St. Giuliano in Villa, surrounded by a picturesque rural landscape;
- the remains of the dwelling village, discovered in the nearby biotype of Fiavè, dating back from 2300 to 1200 B.C.