A thermal/Spa and climatic resort of the province of Trento, Roncegno Terme (Rundscheinberg in German) is located about 535 meters above sea level, surrounded by unspoilt meadows and valleys, gateway to the mountains of Lagorai; thanks to its ideal climate (mild in Spring and Autumn and cool in Summer) is definitely a perfect holiday destination all year round.
Documents of the XII century report of the presence of mines and their related mining activities, an important income for the local economy that continued until modern times. During the XIX century several hot springs with therapeutic properties (arsenical ferruginous mineral waters) were discovered in the valley of the Diavolo, at the foot of Mount Tesobbo. In that period it became an important residential area for the European aristocracy, counting among its visitors even the family of the Austrian Emperor Franz Joseph.
Sites of Interest:
- the Parish Church of Saints Peter and Paul, built in the second half of the XVIII century in Baroque-Renaissance style. It features a single nave with side chapels and inside stands a valuable altarpiece attributed to Francesco Guardi;
- the Church of Santa Brigida, of which there is no certain documented information till the XVI century. The structure has been completely renovated due to the severe damage suffered during the First World War;
- the XIX century Church of Santa Margherita, created thanks to a generous bequest of brothers Trogher of Roncegno;
- the small Church of St Oswald, probably built in the second half of the XVI century by the German-speaking immigrant families, that settled in the area;
- the XVI century Church of San Biagio;
- the Church of Santa Maria Assunta, inside which is preserved a precious masterpiece of Lorenzo Fiorentini;
- the Church of St. Anne;
- the Tor Tonda, an ancient medieval fortification;
- the Spa/Thermal Complex.