Town in the province of Trento, a group of 15 districts and hamlets, Segonzano is located along the western and north western slopes of Dosso of Segonzano and Ceramont. The lower municipal area has a privileged position with an excellent exposition towards the sun and is mainly devoted to the cultivation of the vine.
In 1796, here took place a famous battle, known with the town's name, in which the French troops of Napoleon recorded their first defeat.
Sites of Interest:
- the Earth Pyramids of Segonzano, a true masterpiece of mother-nature, elegant columns, of which some up to 20m tall and others that end in the rock, are all protected from the surrounding vegetation. A geological phenomenon unique in Trentino and rare in the entire World. Remains of a moraine deposit of the last glacial era, the Pyramids are now a tourist attraction of high educational value;
- the Shrine of Our Lady of Help, protected by an ancient lime tree, it houses the miraculous picture of Our Lady of Help, a copy of the famous painting "Mariahilf" by Lukas Cranach, the original is preserved in Innsbruck;
- the ruins of the Castle of Segonzano (XIII century), whose dark walls also impressed Albrecht Dürer, when he stopped here during his first trip to Venice in 1494, to the point of urging him to devote two famous watercolors;
- the Church of the Holy Trinity;
- the XVI century Church of St. Nicholas;
- the XVII century Church of Our Lady of Loreto.