Cornedo all'Isarco (Karneid in German) is a town in the province of Bolzano, set on a sunny plateau, at the mounth of both the Isarco valley and the Ega one. The wonderful landscape and the lush vegetation invite to enjoyable excursions on foot or by mountain bike, during the summer months; during the winter, indeed, the ski lovers can have fun along the slopes of the Carezza ski area or the Obereggen-Latemar ski center.
The place name, mentioned for the first time in 1142, probably derives from the Latin word "cornus" (cornel tree).
It was the district court of the Tyrol country since the XIII century.
- Cornedo castle, built in the XIII century on a rocky spur at the mounth of the Ega Valley, is now private property. It consists of a tower, a palace, a chapel with XIV century frescoes and a crenelled wall;
- the Church of San Vito Martire;
- the Church of Sant'Antonio from Padua;
- the small Church Kaserer Bild, in neogothic style;
- the Church of the Saits Pietro and Paolo, at Collepietra;
- the small Church of San valentine, in the omonymous hamlet, already mentioned in the XIV century;
- the earth pyramids of Collepietra.