The town's name seems to derive from the Roman person's name "Aemilius", probably a centurion to whom the surrounding farmlands were assigned. Miane is a municipality in the province of Treviso, located in a hilly area at the foot of the Alps on the border with the territories of Belluno. The main centre is divided into three main districts, Miane, Visnà and Vergoman, immersed in the intense green of a very beautiful landscape.
The origins of the village date back to the period of Roman colonization, when a small settlement "pagus" was built, which depended on a "municipium" (probably the nearby town of Vittorio Veneto). Under Roman rule the area developed thanks to the reclamation of marshlands, the more rational division of the farmlands in "centurie", the introduction of innovative methods of cultivation and the construction of important roads (such as: Via Claudia Augusta), which improved all the commercial aspects. The dissolution of the Empire of Rome and the arrival of the Barbarians gave way to a period of decline and disorder: the great progress, previously conquered was completely destroyed and the only survivor remained the ecclesiastical division, with its churches and rules, which remained valid until the XVIII century . After a period of Venetian rule, till present day, Miane shared the same historical fate and events of the other nearby localities of the region.
- the Archpriest Church, built in the second half of the XIX century, features a single nave plan and four side chapels. Inside are preserved valuable paintings by artists such as Bellucci, Balliana, Bianchi and Dall'Oglio, a precious tabernacle and a marble altar of excellent workmanship. It is flanked by XV century Bell Tower, which was originally a watchtower and probably was part of a larger building with defense functions;
- the Sanctuary of Our Lady del Carmine in Visnà, built in the XIX century, features a neo-Classical façade embellished by columns and a tympanum;
- the XIV century Church of San Vito, located in Visnà, it houses a valuable XVI century altarpiece;
- the XVI century Church of Sant'Antonio Abate, in Vergoman, preserves within important artworks of the artists Rossi and Frigimelica;
- the XIV century Church of St. Michael;
- the XIV century Church of St. Peter;
- the Capitel Vecio, a shrine of ancient origins and great beauty;
- Villa Gera and Villa Bellati, both built in the XVII century;
- the Prisons of the Valmareno in Forca.